Our Voices Report (2016) details the experiences and thoughts of a hitherto invisible group of older people: those ageing without children. It contains individual stories of people ageing without children and highlights common themes and challenges they face.
The report identifies six key issues affecting people ageing without children:
- Judgment and assumptions;
- Disconnect from younger generations;
- The lack of practical support;
- The challenges of being a carer; and
- The absence of someone to tell their story.
And recommends a number of solutions to tackle the issue including:
- A national strategy;
- Investment in advocacy and intergenerational projects;
- Better access to advice to help plan for later life; and
- Education and social awareness;
You will need to register before downloading Our Voices Report.